Friday, March 5, 2010

I've got Spirit, yes I do!

This week was Dr. Seuss's birthday week. So at Nolan's school they've been reading Dr. Seuss books all week. His teacher told me that they're having crazy day on Friday to honor Dr. Seuss and his crazy characters. Well that's almost the same to me as spirit day and let me tell you I'm a professional when it comes to spirit days. And I knew that I had met my soulmate when Justin told me he was the same way in high school when it came to spirit days. Don't believe me? Here is the proof. This is my best friend, Angi, and me on clash day in 6th grade. Told you, I was no amateur when it came to spirit days. We started young...


Here we are again 6 years later on 70s day my senior year


Country Day my senior year

And this next one I can't remember if it was 80s day or Clash Day again. Why the belt around the forehead you ask? Well, because of Cherie from Punky Brewster, of course!


For those of you who don't remember her (how could you not...I loved that show!)

So it was a family event to get Nolan "crazy" for Crazy Day at school. His outfit consisted of a Wolverine costume, Lightning McQueen socks, two different pairs of shoes. We almost got him to wear a chicken hat but at the last minute he decided he wanted to wear a straw cowboy hat. Justin drops the boys off at school since I have to be at work at the crack of dawn. Justin emailed me and asked if I was sure that it was today because when he walked Nolan in no one else was even dressed up! He was the ONLY one. All the kids went crazy but Justin said he wasn't sure that Nolan liked all that attention. Our poor kids are doomed when it comes to spirit days. CPS may be called.

1 comment:

  1. You know you've got spirit when you're willing to wear a belt on your head! I'm just sad you didn't have a picture of you with your bubby teeth!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails