Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Baby bump update


I feel like such a slacker when it comes to journaling about this pregnancy. I wasn't into scrapbooking until after I had Nolan so that pregnancy doesn't have much that I documented either. But then again, it's probably a good thing that I didn't journal because it would have just basically been...it's a million degrees outside, I'm huge, and my feet look like something out of the Nutty Professor.

With Campbell, I somehow squeezed it in to document every doctor's appointment along with photos in a perfectly coordinated scrapbook. How I found the time? I have no idea.

With this pregnancy, I have at least taken the time to journal my appts and that's about it. Pictures have been more hit or miss this pregnancy too.

But let me fill you in on what the last 24 weeks have been like. I'm still on daily blood thinner injections. Boo! They are 100% absolutely no fun whatsoever. There was hope that I would be taken off them but then I found out that I'm lucky enough to take them my entire pregnancy and a month after. The bruising comes and goes. Right now, for some reason, I'm bruising again, and my stomach could rival being caught in the middle of a boxing match.

As much as every shot stinks and stings, I'm grateful that there's something for me to take to help me sustain this pregnancy. At 32 weeks I'll be going in for a twice a week sonograms. While I'm actually looking forward to that, I'm not looking forward to switching to a different type of blood thinner that's not as long lasting in case I were to go into labor. You guessed it, that means TWO shots a day.

Our sonograms have all looked great and Landry is as cute as ever. Well, as much as you can tell in a blurry black and white kind of way.


My energy level was completely shot my first trimester. A trip to the grocery store made me feel like I had just run a marathon. During my second trimester, I noticed a big difference in my energy level although it's seems to be declining in the recent weeks. I'm not sure if that's being pregnant or just being a teacher dying to have summer here.

My due date is Sept. 20th but with my condition, I will definitely not be making it to that day. We have to plan my delivery very carefully and it's all dependent on a variety of factors. So I could be having her as early as August 30th...yep, the second week of school. I'm trying to completely ignore the fact that I'm due right when school starts, that my oldest is starting kindergarten, and I have a new principal starting. Oh well, it is what it is!

Probably the scariest of all news is that we're trying to prevent me from going into labor on my own. If I do go into labor on my own that means NO epidural. YIKES! The thought of knowing that it may not even be an option makes it the scariest I think.

Total weight gain: 18 lbs already! Seems like I'm right on track to gain 40 lbs like I did with both boys except now I'm in my 30s and have to get the weight off with a slower metabolism. I guess that's why you're so busy working with the kids and never sit down...more cardio, right?

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails