Monday, May 2, 2011

Who we are

There are so many rules when it comes to blogging...be timely, don't put music on your blog, etc. As you can see, I don't really care and don't listen to it. I mean I want this to reflect who we really are. So what if we're procrastinators who write posts a week late and that love to jam to some music? It's how we roll, it's who we are.

Something else we are...people that drive across town to the mall after an exhausting week just to get pictures with the Easter Bunny for Grandma.

Sidenote: Since when does the Easter Bunny charge $25 for a picture? Seriously, I'm thinking I just might buy a bunny suit and give this gig a try.  Not to mention this bunny needed a serious Spring cleaning paw washing. If you're going to charge that much for a picture, please wash your bunny suit. My favorite part is that one inch to the left and Campbell would have been out of the picture. Do we love Grandma, or what?

 But the Easter Bunny knows that if you'll just overlook his lack of OCD hand washing and give him a hug, he'll visit your house and give you a fresh and clean bunny that can be perfect for some good snuggle time. 
Photobucket
And as great (or dirty) the Easter Bunny may be, there's nothing greater than heading to church on Easter Sunday for day of church family, our family and celebrating the greatest gift from God.

 Seeing this cross full of flowers with vibrant colors...with life, is more powerful and meaningful than any white fluffy animal, chocolate or plastic egg can even touch.
Photobucket
 Every bit of Easter is exactly what I need. It feeds my soul in way that holidays are known to do. They bring back that feeling of knowing that in more ways than one, I've hit the jackpot.


Every plastic egg, every smile feeds my soul.
Photobucket 
Photobucket 
And sometimes when you're on the other side of the camera you really look at your life and think, "Oh my goodness, this is one of those pictures that we'll look back and remember so well."

 Oh I dread the day when he's too old for baskets and the surprise that each egg holds. 
Photobucket

When you dread that day of no more Easter eggs, the easiest cure? More egg hunts, baby... Grandma and Granddad style.


And when you give a grandma a task of doing a hunt, it ain't a grandparent hunt until two baskets are involved because one just isn't enough.
Photobucket

Double fistin' baskets is another way our family rolls...

Photobucket

I'm so grateful for the gifts that have been given to me. I notice them each day but on days like today those small things are the big things.



Every bubble breath...

every cookie decorating moment...
make me appreciate exactly who we are.  

1 comment:

  1. It looks like you guys had an amazing Easter! I love your dress...you look great! And your boys are just too cute for words.

    I love the bubble pics...so fun! We are HUGE bubble fans here in our house!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails