Thursday, October 1, 2009

Soccer mom

I'm officially a soccer mom. I guess after having the hardest time buying our minivan, I decided to go full throttle. Why not? I must say, I love my van and I love watching Nolan play soccer even as much as I don't like soccer. I decided when it's your kid, you don't care if they're playing ping pong, you just love watching them have fun and succeed.

First soccer practice, Nolan cried the first five minutes. New situation, people, game but crisis averted and he started playing. Second soccer practice, no crying the first five minutes just picking "flowers" for me in the field. Awww, how can you be mad at that?

Nolan's first soccer game was also his birthday. So you know how we love to squeeze in as much as we possibly can and make things stressful for ourselves. We went to his game even though we knew we could stay only for about 20 minutes and then we would have to leave for the party. At first he didn't want to play but thanks to Pop, he had him out there and he was a soccer superstar. He mostly ran around with all the kids but he even got in a few kicks. Most importantly, he just had so much fun and looked so adorable in his uniform although we need to get new shorts. He almost lost them a couple of times with how big they are. We couldn't be more proud of him. GO DINOSAURS!



2 comments:

  1. His shorts crack me up! Make me think of a kilt instead. What a cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those shorts are hilarious! I'll bet he can wear those in high school. Don't throw them away!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails