Sunday, September 27, 2009

How can he be four?

I can't believe it. Nolan turned four on Saturday. How? What happened? Why? It just doesn't seem possible. It's like you have children and you suddenly bought a time machine and didn't know you bought it.

Nolan's party was a "hit" ...literally. We went with the baseball theme since that is his newest obsession at church where they have a huge field. I normally book a lady I know to do our cakes and she is fabulous but this year I called too late and she was already booked. Note to self, don't attempt to be crafty and make your own cakes, Andrea. I stayed up until 11:00 two nights in a row making what seemed like 1,000 cupcakes and then icing them the next night. I had been fighting a cold all week and felt terrible. So once we finally finished icing and decorating them, I put them in the Tupperware and sacked out without thinking of putting them in the fridge. The next morning I woke up to find half of them with their tops gone. The humidity had caused the icing and decoration to slide off and leave a pool of icing around every cupcake. I told myself that the kids won't care, they just want cake to make myself feel better.

So apparently we didn't have enough stuff planned in one day so we squeezed in soccer practice right before the party. I stopped by the house to pick up the cupcakes and ice cream. We get to the church and then I noticed that I left half of the topless cupcakes at home. The party is about to start in 15 minutes and Justin makes a mad dash to Sam's to get some cupcakes. Tell me again why didn't I just do that in the beginning? Besides the cupcakes debacle the party went well and Nolan had so much fun. We had a bat race, baseball pinata, and my dad looked like a baseball game vendor shouting "hot dogs" to everyone like a real baseball game.

I don't think he cared about the cupcakes, just that they tasted good!

Pop and Gram got him his own Louisville slugger made with his name inscribed!
Party favors with peanuts, Cracker Jacks, and Baby Ruth candy insideI think Campbell thought it was his party.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails