Thursday, September 3, 2009

Ringling Brothers Nolan & Campbell

Justin makes fun of me because I act like a kid (literally) at Christmas, watching fireworks, and the circus. I don't know what it is about it but I guess my inner child comes out during these moments. We took Nolan to the circus two years ago but I don't think he really remembered it. So he and I were really excited about going this year. I was really nervous about taking Campbell and how he was going to last because let's face it, his attention span is that of fruit fly.

We walk in and the lights were off with spotlights and pyrotechnics going on everywhere. Immediately Nolan starts crying. Oh boy. He refused to take off his sunglasses. I guess he thought they kept him safe from the lights. He calmed down really fast though but sat on Justin's lap for the first half. Meanwhile Campbell is going nuts for it. I mean I've never seen this kid dance like he did or clap so hard. He was crazy for it! I was trying really hard to keep him in my lap. He was trying to dive into the center ring! I think he wants to grow up to be a circus act!

I never realized how long the circus is...after two hours we realized it was 7:45 and we hadn't fed out kids yet. They usually eat around 5:30 or 6:00. We waited for the infamous elephants and jetted out right after that. They were both so great though and especially for such a long show.

Funniest thing since the show...anytime Nolan hears anything that resembles disco music he says, "This sounds like circus music!"




No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails