Sunday, October 18, 2009

Swine '09


Yep, my nightmare has come true. Campbell has swine. All Spring I was so worried about the boys getting it. I guess it was inevitable with it everywhere around us. We had the most fabulous family day yesterday....soccer game, Six Flags, and the most perfect weather. He had a little runny nose but he has that all the time it seems. This morning he felt the slightest bit warm before church and by the time we got out of church, he definitely had a fever. We came home and put him down for a nap after some Motrin but he just kept coughing and waking himself up.

I rushed him to Carenow 15 minutes before they closed...bet they loved me for that. But I definitely didn't want to go to the ER where I would definitely expose him to everything under the sun. I hadn't had time to post but we took him for his well check up last Friday. We had a 4:15 appt and didn't leave until 7:00 p.m. Ridiculous, maybe? Carenow seems to think that he might have gotten it there from our almost 3 hour wait, but who knows.

Campbell is the friendliest baby ever. He'll wave, blow kissed to total strangers. I don't know if it was from out check up last week or not, but every time a nurse or doctor came in, he would scream like they were some horrific monster. Maybe his shots last week made a traumatic impression? They swabbed his throat and tested him for strep...positive. After which he threw up his banana all over me. Then they swabbed up his nose for the flu...again, positive. Then we had x-rays. Luckily his lungs look ok. They didn't officially test him for swine but they said that's not seasonal flu time yet so they're treating anyone who tests positive for both like it's the swine. I just can't believe he just started showing symptoms today and how quickly this all manifested. It was quite an exhausting doctor's visit. Bless his heart, he was so scared and upset.

They sent us with prescriptions for Tamiflu, antibiotics and a steroid to keep his lungs open. Drove immediately to the pharmacy...they're out of Tamiflu but I was able to go to Walgreens and get it. We could only get him to eat a banana and yogurt for dinner. You can tell he feels so miserable.

Everyone please just keep him in his prayers. It scares me that he's so young and has this. We're all taking turns including my parents to stay home with him this week to make sure he's getting better.

1 comment:

  1. Oh no! Poor Campbell! I hope he feels better soon & that you guys don't get it too. I'm so scared of the flu (reg & swine) too!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails