Tuesday, August 10, 2010

More Flags, More Fun


I'm a firm believer that laughter is the best medicine. It absolutely warms the soul and heals the body. We headed for Six Flags on the hottest day of the year because that's how we do things around here in Texas. My assignment (self-assigned) was to make sure that everyone was laughing and having fun even if our clothes were wet from sweat. It was Tonya's idea to just go have fun before the start of her chemo this week. She had her first chemo treatment this week, by the way, and all went well!


Sidenote: Tonya had an MRI done last week to make sure the cancer had not spread to her brain and it came back clear! Praise God for this first bit of good news since this journey started!

Tonya took Nolan and went to the small rides. Madison took off with a friend, and so I hung out with my two youngest nieces and got to ride real rides! There is something so therapeutic about screaming and you better believe that all three of us girls screamed our heads off.


I was so exhausted that night and could hardly make it to church the next morning but it was worth all the sweat and all the exhaustion. Because I saw for one moment that we're not going to let cancer stop us from being a family and doing fun things.

1 comment:

  1. Six flags is awesome...I can't wait until my kiddos are older and we can have a ball :) I'm afraid of roller coasters though, but they can ride with daddy!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails