Saturday, March 7, 2009

Looking back...

March 7th is the due date of the baby that we lost in our first miscarriage. I remember how excited we were to go to the doctor and hear the heartbeat and the panic that struck when we didn't hear it. It was so heartbreaking and scary and if that baby would have made it he/she would have been 4. Although, I still wonder from time to time what if...I know now that if that baby would have made it, we wouldn't have Nolan today. Nolan was born six months later in September of the same year. There is no doubt in my mind that we were meant to be Nolan's parents. He absolutely has made me laugh more in the past 3 1/2 years than I ever have in my entire life. He's taught us so much and I'm so grateful for him. In the midst of the miscarriage life seemed so unfair, but now it makes complete and total sense.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails