Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Batman


"I'm Batman Mommy." I was pretty shocked when he told me this because we've never even mentioned Batman around him. I'm pretty sure his friend Cayden at school has an equal obsession about Batman that Nolan does about Cars. He tells me this usually out of the blue just in case I forget that he has super powers. On the way home the other night, he tells his daddy, "I'm Batman Daddy." Justin the avid Batman lover that he is thinks this is pretty cool and asks if he can be Batman too and Nolan agrees that Justin's worthy of Batman material. I'm feeling a little left out and ask if I can be Batman too. "No, you're a princess, Mommy." Fine by me!

I think this stems from a recently discovered muscle fascination. My mom and grandma would play their infamous trick of reverse psychology on me as a little girl. They would tell me not to eat my carrots because then I would make my eyes sparkly and my hair shiny. Worked like a charm every time even if I gagged a few times. So I mention to Nolan how broccoli gives him muscles and he totally eats it up. Now unfortunately for us, he flexes his muscles after every bite and we have to feel his muscles and talk about how big they're getting. It makes for a long meal time but hey my kid is eating broccoli! Yes, Nolan...you know the kid that survived off snacks for two years of his life. If you would have told me that a year ago, I would have called you a liar!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails