Monday, March 23, 2009

Girls' getaway



I finally did it. I went away on a girls' trip. I've never left the boys overnight with Justin alone, not even when it was just Nolan. I have insane mother's guilt, but I really felt like I needed a mental vacation for a few days on my Spring Break. So my friend Andrea invited me to go with her and another girl Jenny on a scrapbook weekend. Even when I'm away from my kids, I'm scrapbooking my kids! I'm such a nerd.

I had the best time ever. We went to Scrappin' Around the Corner in Denton and it was perfect for us. We watched chick flicks, listened to music and just talked. We were lucky enough to have the whole house to ourselves and scrapped like crazy. I thought I was crazy for staying up until 2:00 a.m but the other two "Super Scrappers" stayed up until 4:00 or 5:00 a.m. each night! We only left the house once to go into town to grab a bite where we met Pete (pictured below) who made one mean panini. Then we went to check out Denton's really cute town square. I got so much done and feel so empowered to get finally get caught up.

Now I understand it's healthy and wonderful to get a break and there's no reason to feel guilty about it. We're already planning our next one! Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails