Friday, January 2, 2009

That was embarrassing

Today was Campbell's 6 month check up. Justin went with me since we're both off work. We talked to the doctor about Campbell's wheezing and coughing that's been going on for a month now. We found out that we're at the beginning of another ear infection. Seriously, will it ever stop?

So I asked our doctor about this spot on Campbell's arm and if was a birth mark. I told her how it suddenly appeared and I scrubbed on it during bath time but it won't come off. She looked at it and said she had never seen a birth mark look like that. So she went and got an alcohol swab and guess what...this so-called birth mark was DIRT! It was left over from our ER visit last week when they drew his blood and left band-aid gunk. Another mom-of-the-year moment to add to my long list. She made me feel better by telling me that she had one mom come in scared about a red spot that suddenly appeared on her daughter's head and she kept putting Vaseline on it. Same story...our doctor used her infamous alcohol swab and turns out it was just a Slurpie splatter. Well at least there's another mom out there like me!

This has been a really busy month for Campbell. He's sitting up on his own, drinking his own bottles, he's a champ at baby food now and hasn't had one food that he's turned down yet, and he's sleeping on his tummy now at night.

6 month stats:
Weight: 18 lbs 9 oz. (60th percentile)
Height: 26 1/4 in. (50th percentile)
Head: 44.5 cm (50th percentile)


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails