Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Eight is Great!


Eight years of marriage that is! 

Warning: Please pardon the ridiculously grainy photos in the post below. These were scans from eight years ago and before the digital age of cameras. Wow, scary to write that!

Our wedding rehearsal was a mess and had me in tears. The organ was being renovated as the church was about to undergo renovation. The sound system was acting up and would pierce your eardrums with high pitch squeals, and the rehearsal dinner restaurant forgot to get the room ready for our dinner. It was a bride's nightmare.


But "the" day was perfect. There was so much happiness on that day for me. Sharing all of that love with our friends and family was so wonderful. It worries me that I'll be one of those that says, "I don't really remember," about my wedding day. Some of the details are fuzzy but this is what I'll always remember.

I remember my dad just beaming all day and telling me he was going to take his time walking down that aisle.


I remember that walk down the aisle still and thinking, "Soak this all in so you won't forget."


I remember thinking that was the longest aisle in the world


I remember how he cried when he said his vows. What I would give to have a picture of this.

I remember how he couldn't let go of me right after the ceremony.


I remember how I danced and danced until my feet hurt.


I remember how hard I laughed that day with my girlfriends and how beautiful they all looked.



I remember how adorable my nieces and nephews were and hoping that we would have children that cute some day.



And I remember not being able to wipe a smile off my face that entire day.



But it's the happiness that he's brought me SINCE that day that really counts.  Don't get me wrong, we've had our fair share of arguments, frustrations, grief and sadness. We promise to say we're sorry when things go wrong (even if I'm gritting it through my teeth sometimes). We've learned to accept the things that drive us crazy about one another…like how I leave the wet sponge in the sink and don't wring it out sometimes or how he puts his dirty clothes inches from the hamper.

I ran across a quote recently in my scrapbooking stash, "A wedding is a start of togetherness... of walks in the rain, basking in the sunshine, shared meals, caring for one another and sensing the love that a marriage carries."

That's us. 


Through all that, we've done it together and that's what I've remember the most.

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails