Thursday, December 3, 2009

Lights, Camera, Christmas!

We played it low key last year with decorations since Campbell was a baby, I had just gone back to work, and we went to Kentucky early for Christmas. Now that Nolan is 4, we decided to go full throttle with Christmas. I always get so excited getting ready to decorate. Then, in the midst of it, I suddenly remember how much work it is and wonder why I decided to get everything out again. It has taken double maybe even triple the amount of time it used to now with two little ones. Nolan's pretty easy but Campbell wants right in the middle of it, wants a snack or a nap so it took us 3 days at least to get Christmas up. Right now if you drive by our house, you would see our Christmas lights halfway hanging from our roof. We need to borrow a ladder from our friends and with the cold/wet weather we're only half way there. I'm sure the neighbors are talking about us.

We brought out a little snow village and you would have thought we just bought a ticket to the North Pole for Nolan. He is totally my son with his love for Christmas. It doesn't take much to get him excited. We'll drive by a house with a strand of lights in their shrubs and he'll scream like it's a winter wonderland. I decided this age is the best for Christmas! Stay tuned for some Santa stories...

I was chasing the boys around trying to get pictures of them "helping" decorate the tree. Campbell was SO not cooperative. Can you tell who's been on the naughty list this year?


look at that scowl!






2 comments:

  1. You pictures are amazing! What setting on your camera do you use to get the tree & the lights to show up like that? I can't figure out how to make it not look like a blur of lights in the background.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's Justin's camera and it's a manual setting. What you don't know is that I literally took 100 pictures to get those 5-6 that weren't blurry. that's why I had to go with the "naughy and nice" pose at the top. It's impossible to to catch a 17 mo. old NOT moving! I bribed Nolan with candy. Hey you gotta do what you gotta do.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails