Sunday, February 1, 2009

Yee Haw!

I would call this another episode of Forced Family Fun but this wasn't forced...it was actually fun! We took the boys to the Fort Worth Stock Show. First I asked Nolan if he wanted to go to the Stock Show. Not knowing what it really is, he of course said no. Then when I really talked it up and told him that we would see horses, pigs, goats, he got his excited voice and told me, "and lions, too?" The morning of I was trying to get everyone up and moving and reminded him about going and he said, "I can't wait to see the monkeys!" So what if he thinks the Stock Show is the zoo.

He was dying to see the baby piglets and the ducklings and just went on a on about how much they were snuggling. And believe it or not (we hardly could), he actually rode rides...kinda scary ones too! It looks like our cautious scaredy cat is coming out of his shell! Campbell was a trooper. He's like me in that he loves to people watch and there were definitely a lot of people there to watch! We skipped nap time for Nolan but he crashed on the way home and didn't have any meltdowns the rest of the day. I told you it wasn't forced!


1 comment:

  1. How did we miss each other? We were at the stock show on Sunday, too. Hannah LOVED it! When we were talking about patting the animals, she was asking about monkeys and elephants and giraffes. One of these days we need to get the kids together!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails