Sunday, February 22, 2009

Is your child smarter than a 5th grader...mine is!

I discovered within a month of my first year teaching that my 2 year old (at the time) was officially genius. He continues to live up to this title. I had a wedding shower to go to last night and I looked it up on Google to find directions. Nolan had just woken up from his nap and sees the map and screams, "There's the continents!!" Having absolutely NO idea that he even knew this, I continue to question him.

Me: Well, yes it is! Do you know what continent we live on?

Nolan: (no hestitation) North America

Me: Do you know any other continents?

Nolan: Asia. That's where panda bears live.

Me: (picking my jaw up from the floor) Do you know where giraffes and zebras live?

Nolan: Africa

Me: (yelling) Justin!!! You're not going to believe this!

Genius maybe? Dead serious that I have fourth graders that think that Texas is a country and have no idea what continent we live on. Then today I overheard him upstairs telling his daddy and Pop, "That's a Brachiosaurus." What 3 year old knows that? There was a part of me that was so proud of him for just being so darn smart but then another part of me that was freaking out a little that he has this whole other life where he's learning all these new things without me! How dare him.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails