Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Melt my heart


We've really been working on discipline lately. I think we really breezed through that two year old stage. It's so true that the threes are harder than the twos. The independence, the defiance, the attitude...whoa! Nolan has done so much better since his visits to the office at school every day a couple of weeks ago. I think after taking away his favorite toys he knew we meant business. I had to have a come-to-Jesus talk with him about how disappointed we were and that if he's good he'll get a sticker but if he's not we'll take his puzzles or cars away. That caught his attention. As a child, I remember that there was nothing worse than knowing that I disappointed my parents. Hoping that maybe I passed on that gene to him, I told Nolan that when he gets in trouble at school it makes mommy and daddy's heart sad.

Tonight as I was putting him to bed, I told him how proud I was of him for doing so well at school everyday and making good choices. He says in his adorable three-year-old voice, "Did I make your heart smile?" Just saying that makes my heart smile.

3 comments:

  1. Oh your boys are just precious! I love hearing all the sweet & hilarious things Nolan is saying lately. keep em coming!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, don't tell me the 3's are worse! I thought I was close to being done with the 2's!! We've had to start being really strict with Cody. After his fits in the stores & not riding in the buggies etc, I had enough. He's been lots better lately, but man I get on to him if i need too! It's hard, but it's worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. precious story!

    Yes....as soon as Savannah turned 3 she transformed into another person! Now that she is almost four....things are getting SOOOO much better!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails