Saturday, February 14, 2009

Will you be my Valentine?

I had a date today and it wasn't with my husband. Shhh, don't tell. Don't worry it was with Nolan. A lady from my church invited Nolan and me to come to a Reading Rocks Valentine Brunch that benefited the "I have a Dream" Foundation that whose creed is to make a difference though education by helping children from low-income families stay in school. You wouldn't believe how insanely cute the place was decorated. Each table had a book theme. We sat at the "I'm Dirty" table. Our chairs were covered in caution tape. Our table cloth was comprised of blueprints and we had a big tractor in the center with orange cones all around. There were at least 40 tables there...from Fancy Nancy, Bob the Builder, Dr. Seuss and they all were Martha Stewart worthy. They really did bring the books to life.

To top it off Robert Munsch, the author of Love You Forever (one of my all-time favorites) was there and did story telling with the kids. Nolan wasn't too sure of all of the fanfare at first but after some Curly's custard and a cupcake he thought the place wasn't so bad. It's amazing what sugar can do.

I just loved having some good ol' one-on-one time with Nolan. He's a great date. He even walked me to the car and gave me a kiss. I gotta make sure he doesn't move so fast on the girls when he gets older!





No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails