Thursday, February 11, 2010

A hard lesson learned



The past year I've really gotten into making cupcakes for Nolan's class. My spider cupcakes and Rudolph cupcakes were pretty darn cute if I do say so myself. So I decided to make Valentine cupcakes for his class party. It's been a really hectic week with both boys being sick and I don't know why I try and make things more difficult for myself, but I was determined to get them done. Like I said, it's one of those things I do out of guilt since I work.

So Nolan helped make the cupcakes and I cut out all the hearts on my scrapbooking Cricut, printed out little messages, and assembled these cupcakes. All-in-all I probably spent about an hour and a half on the whole thing. Totally ridiculous, I know for 4-year-olds who would be just as happy with a fun size bag of m&ms. Justin kindly reminds me that I could just give them each store bought cookies and they'd never know the difference. I know, I know! It's this illness that I suffer from.

So I go to pick up Nolan today and ask how the party went and if his friends liked his cupcakes. Then his teacher says, "Well one of the kids pulled the cupcakes off the counter and they fell on the ground." I mean I could see her lips moving but it was kind of like it was in slow motion because I was so trying hard to focus on breathing. I think I was waiting for an apology (even though it wasn't her fault...well except for putting it in his reach part) but it never came. I'm having a hard time letting this one go. But lesson learned...store bought sounds like a GREAT idea!

1 comment:

  1. Andrea,
    I was just reading your blog and I totally understand how that must have felt. There's a whirlwind of conflicting thoughts. I personally think it's totally sweet of you to go to that effort out of love, it's not all guilt, I'm sure. Not sure if you have seen this link before (probably have) but it's always a good reminder of the one who always sees and takes notice of those special efforts! Whether you home bake the next time around or not I just wanted to send some mom love your way and give you at least one "sorry". What a bummer! On the up side, at least you got photos before the crash! :)
    Jenny
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9YU0aNAHXP0

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails