Sunday, July 12, 2009

Swim lessons

We made it through swim lessons and contrary to what I thought it was going to be at the beginning of the summer, it was not a waste of money! Let's take a time machine back to the first week of June at the pool...it was TERRIBLE! Nolan refused to go in the pool without a minimum of 8 floaties around some appendage of his body or holding me so tight that I can hardly breathe. So I usually had two boys-one on each hip trying to stay afloat myself.

Ok, fast forward three weeks later...Nolan is swimming with floaties on his arms only, jumping in the pool from the side and Justin and I can throw him to each other in the pool. He's not a fan of putting his face under water or floating on his back yet but look how far we've come!

I took a mommy-and-me class with Campbell while Nolan took his class and it was a lot of fun. They have the babies swim after rubber duckies and it really works! Campbell crawls out of the pool, gets his rubber ducky, and jumps back in. We still have a long way to go to blow bubbles instead of swallowing water but I hope starting him out early really helps. The more I take the boys to the pool, the better they get. It's still a lot of work to take them to the pool by myself. I'm tan from the waist up. My days of laying out at the pool are on the back burner for a few years it looks like. Until then, I'll just have to use spray tan on my legs.



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails