Wednesday, August 13, 2008

So where exactly can you purchase sleep?

I knew that it would happen...sleep deprivation. It just comes along with this stage but I think secretly as parents we all hope that we'll have the miracle baby that sleeps 12 hours at 5 weeks. I've had that secret dream with two now and it has yet to come true. I can't complain too much because Campbell does sleep better than his older brother at this stage but it doesn't seem to matter because I still feel like a zombie.

At one of my baby showers, one wise woman told me that when you're up in the middle of the night you feel like you're the only person in the world up at that hour and everyone else is asleep. So when you feel that way, think of all the women in the world up at that same hour doing the same thing with their babies. My best friend, Angi, just had twins 11 days before me (twins! can you imagine? she's superwoman!) and I find myself wondering if she's up feeding her babies at the same time as me. I called Angi and left her a voicemail this morning after Campbell decided that sleeping was overrated. She calls me back and says, "I know you're sleep deprived when you say, 'Hey Angi, it's Andrea. Give me a chance when you have a call.'"

I go back to work next week just for one week and then I'll have another 6 weeks off work (Praise God!). I can't imagine having to go back right now for good. It should be against the law to make new mothers go back right now with such little sleep - especially teaching! I'm just thinking of the children you know! :) I think I really might fall asleep in the middle of a lesson if I were to go back now. So I just dream right now of the night when I frantically wake up in the morning and realize that Campbell never woke up during the night. Until then, I'll just have to daydream about it.

I'm glad that at least one of us is getting sleep!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails