Thursday, August 14, 2008

I feel like a new woman

So I guess Campbell got a little miffed that I was talking about how tired I was. He was a champ and slept from 11:00 pm-10:00 am with two feedings last night(with a 6 hour stretch in there!) Now I'm probably totally jinxing tonight but at least I can function today!

My sister-in-law, Becky, is a mother of four. Talk about SUPERMOM! I had to apologize to her this week because I totally forgot that I asked her to come over this weekend with the kids to come swimming. I blamed it on sleep deprivation which is very true. In her infinite wisdom she tells me that she has 15 years of sleep to catch up on. But she figures she will just have fun with life now because she can sleep when she's dead. That should be a bumper sticker.

I am a huge fan of the book Happiest Baby on the Block. We discovered this book/DVD when Nolan was about 6 weeks old. It was terrible. I was almost about to tape my eyelids open I was so exhausted. This book talks about the secrets to get your baby to sleep/stop fussing/etc. It should be a mandatory hand out for every new parent when they leave the hospital. It's pretty much a owner's manual on how to figure out babies. When I swaddled Nolan correctly for the first time, he went from sleeping one hour stretches to 4-5 hour stretches. It went something like this...(clouds parting, bright sunshine peeking through...."HALLELUJAH!"). I like to claim that I'm the best swaddler in the West. So now I'm not sure if Campbell's just a better sleeper or we just have a few more tricks up our sleeves. Either way, I'm loving my sleep!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails