Friday, August 1, 2008

I did it!

Well I've survived the week. This is my first week where I've been brave enough to have both boys with me home all week. Minus Nolan throwing up and Campbell screaming while I was cleaning it up and a few dirty diaper disasters from both boys, I made it! I mean I think I look like I might have been in a war by the time Justin gets home, but I made it! I have so much respect for stay-at-home moms...hardest job in the world!

In the midst of my crazy week, both of my boys made me so happy. Campbell smiled for the first time this week. I'm not talking gas bubble smiling, I mean he was awake and smiled at me. I saw it as my reward for all my hard work this week. It makes it all worth it when I can see my kids happy. Nolan continues to be amazing as a brother and how he helps me. He gives me some lip at least once a day but for a 2 year old, I consider myself blessed! Justin and I joke with each other about how they're so cute we want to eat them. Well I asked Nolan yesterday if I could eat him and he responds in a very firm voice, "No mommy, you only eat dinner!" I think he really thought I wanted to eat him! Poor kid. I've got to start writing this stuff down!

We're really trying to adjust to doing normal things again. So we went to the pool this week and Justin took Nolan to the Rangers game too. I wanted to go but just logistically with the baby, it was hard to do this time. Here's Nolan at the game...he was terrified of the fireworks and all the noise but on the way home swore he had so much fun.


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails