Thursday, June 11, 2009

Basketba...nevermind

Well here we were all pumped and geared up for basketball. Shoes-check. Basketball-check. A little guy a geared up for some ball-check. Well we signed up a month ago but the start date kept getting closer and closer. I kept calling and calling but no one would return my calls at the Y. I was getting extremely frustrated. It was the day of when b-ball was supposed to start and we knew nothing!

Finally we had someone call us back and turns out that no one ever put Nolan on a team! We were pretty miffed and then after being told games would be Saturday mornings, they scheduled them at 2:30. Who ever had the brilliant idea to have the 3 yr olds play right smack in the middle of nap time obviously isn't a parent. So we were really debating whether or not we should keep him and just suffer through 8 wks of no nap Saturdays.

Later that afternoon our friend Kenny and Amanda had a birthday party for their little girl Emily at this gymnastics place in Keller. We walked in I just knew that Nolan (who is scared of his own shadow) would not be participating in any of the birthday activities. Justin and I were shocked when he was all over it. I'm talking swinging from ropes, jumping on the trampoline, swinging from bars...this is huge! So I think we might have found our "rebound" sport (no pun intended) and we're going to give this tumbling thing a try. I really think it will help give him self confidence and help with his coordination.

1 comment:

  1. Bummer about the b-ball team- but I bet the gymnastics class will be a winner! Dory has always loved her tumbling classes. I didn't say she was good at it but she sure does love jumping around.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails