Tuesday, August 21, 2012

New lens

Two years ago, my husband ran in a race called Capital to Coast where he ran from Austin, TX to Corpus Christi, TX in a relay run. He ran over a 24 hour period in 6 mile shifts. Yes, he's officially crazy.

I, on the other hand, don't run unless someone has a piece of cake in front of me or there's a rabid dog chasing me. But I digress...

Anyway, when his team was finally crossing the finish line in Corpus, someone broke into our minister's car (I call that straight ticket to hell) and stole a van full of stuff. Justin's wallet was stolen and our camera bag with four beautiful lenses. GULP (insert me in a fetal position here). I was so upset because, if you don't know, photography is NOT a cheap hobby.

Our insurance didn't cover much with our high deductible and we were only able to replace one lens. Lesson learned, now all of our camera equipment is insured. Now that I'm starting this photography gig on the side, I just tear up thinking of the things I could've done with all those great lenses.

So this photo gig is more or less a means to fund my photography hobby. Today we got in our 85mm 1.8 that was stolen by a very evil person (can you tell I'm still bitter?) and I now remember why I loved this lens so much.

Exhibit A:


Exhibit B, C & D:


And no, the rolls on Landry's legs are not more defined by the lens, they're really that adorable.

Dear 85mm, oh how I've missed you. I'm so excited to use this bad boy again! 

The mamarazzi strikes again!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails