Saturday, October 4, 2008

Family time

You know that feeling when you're on vacation and you are trying your absolute hardest to enjoy every single second and not think about work? That's where I've been all week. It's been this constant knot in my stomach every time I think about it. So what do I try to do...not think about it. But when you tell someone to not think of an elephant, what do they immediately think about? AN ELEPHANT! Ugh.

So I've made sure that we have a super fun weekend that is just about the fam and spending time with one another. Of course I have this story played out in my head where it almost feels like when I go back on Monday that I may never see my family again which I know is totally untrue. It's just keeping my priorities straight. I'm so grateful for this time that I've had with my boys and especially this very precious time with Campbell. Yes, there were days when work didn't seem so bad and times when I was in tears because I was wondering how I would make it teaching with such little sleep. But here we are, Campbell is 14 weeks and sleeping 8-10 hours a night. PRAISE GOD! It's bittersweet that now Campbell is all smiles and giggles and sleeping like a champ and I have to go back to work. I feel like I'm going to miss out on all the fun stuff now that we're past that rough newborn stage. In some ways it feels like I've been on maternity leave for a week and other times it seems like I've been off a whole school year. I went back to work this week to get lesson plans ready and it was so great to have the kids run up to me and give me hugs. I feel blessed that my job gives me the feeling about making a difference.

So here are some pictures from our fun-filled weekend. We went to my cousin's daughter's, Aubrey, birthday party. Nolan actually bounced for over an hour in a bounce house. We've been scared of those for three years. It's like something happened the day he turned three and everything clicked...potty training, fearlessness, etc.

Erin, Aubrey, Kristi, Katelyn, Andrea, Campbell, Nolan and Cody
Grandma and Granddad with Campbell
We're getting ready for the birthday party!
Those killer blue eyes!

1 comment:

  1. I'm thinking about you. I hope you are having a good week back at school! Those kiddos will LOVE having you back!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails