Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Mrs. McDonald/Mommy

Yep, I'm back at work. I think I was living in denial for so long that I can't believe that it's actually here. I'm more than half way through the week...boy, has it been a week or a year? Really, it hasn't been as bad as I built it up to be in my head. I've just been acting like the sheriff's back in town with my kids and so far it's working.

I've been working my tail off trying to manage working and doing A LOT of catch up while still trying to get out the door to be with my boys. It's one of those jobs where you could literally work 11 hours a day and there is more to do. You just have to make yourself leave and remind yourself that it can be done tomorrow and my family needs me (and I need them!).

Of course I was nervous about Cam's first day at daycare. I must admit it wasn't as hard as when I left Nolan and cried for the first two weeks. The hardest part this time was letting go of my obsessive control habits and letting someone else do it. First day was pretty rough with Campbell they said but each day they say he just keeps getting better and better. Today he was all smiles minus a couple of diaper changes that he was pretty unhappy about. The thing about working is that when I get home, I just can't get enough of the boys. I want every single second to be playing, snuggling or laughing with them. I'm definitely looking forward to the weekend to be with them. When you have this to come home to how can you not be watching the clock all day?

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness! That chair for Campbell is soooo cute! He looks like a little linebacker!! I can't wait to see Halloween pictures. :) I miss all of you. Raquel

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails