Thursday, October 30, 2008

check up and beat down



Today was Campbell's 4 month check up. Justin had band practice at church so I had both boys alone. I really love our pediatrician. She's young and really great with the boys. It's a double edge sword though because she's so great and takes time with us but she does the same thing with everyone. So when you have a 4:15 appointment you know it's going to be a wait. But I was so proud that I was prepared. I brought THREE bags with me full of entertainment, snacks, and diapers. I was ready for a camp out. Little did I know that Nolan would tear through the snacks in the first 30 minutes before we even got into a room, that Campbell would projectile vomit on me 3 times in the waiting room, or that Nolan would need to use the restroom 3 times. The potty was big enough for Paul Bunyan so I had to hold Campbell in one arm while holding Nolan in the other to aim at the right height and direction each time.

So the coloring, cars, and doodle pro all lost Nolan's interest after the first hour and a half. I know that pediatricians must know the attention span of a 3 year old and a 4 month old. Finally we see the doctor only for Nolan to be saying "mommy, watch this" the entire time we're talking. In the middle of his acrobatic show, he falls, hurts himself and has a meltdown. The doctor has to hold Campbell so that I can calm Nolan down because I can't even hear what she's saying. And since I'm in front of her, I can't do my normal sinking of my nails into his arms and whispering in my scary voice "just wait til we get home" bit that I do. I mean I can't blame the kid, I was seconds from throwing my own little tantrum after we hit the 2 hour mark. So we walk out, the last car in the parking lot only 2 1/2 hours later from our appointment time. I think they should invent call ahead waiting for doctor's offices!

So the low down on Campbell...16 lbs. 3 oz. and 25.5 inches long. He's in the 75th percentile for weight and height and the 50th for his head. His head sure does seem big to me but not as big as Nolan's. Nolan's been wearing hats for 4-7 year olds since he was 2!

1 comment:

  1. oh my gosh-- I laugh SO hard EVERY time I read your posts--you SHOULD be a writer (in all your spare time) !!! hilarious:) had PLENTY of visits like that one---try when the older one is trying to hold on to your neck for dear life WHILE the baby is getting shots--(B/c she is SO upset that her little brother is crying) --it is all very funny (WAY after the fact) :) how is going back to school going? miss your boys AMAZINGLY?? I can imagine--isn't my sweet little niece the CUTEST thing you have ever seen! ???

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails