Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Trunk or Treat

On any ordinary day, getting out the door involves only about 2 bags (full with entertainment, snacks, and diapers) a sippy cup, and baby carrier that must weigh a good 20 lbs with the baby in it. God forbid it's cold because then we're carrying jackets. Usually I can go without a jacket because I'm so hot and sweaty trying to haul all the gear around. So when it's really cold outside it better be a REALLY good reason to get out because carrying all of that while wearing a bulky coat is enough to make me go a little insane. I can't imagine the day that we can go somewhere and all I carry is my purse.

Our church had their trunk or treat this past weekend. Yep, you guessed it. Another episode of forced family fun. October is full of them! Poor Justin. So imagine our house trying to get everyone in costume, fed and out the door. Needless to say, we were late. Campbell couldn't get in his precious indian costume at home. Partly because I was afraid the super spitter would have one of his projectile vomit episodes and partly because it was really hard to buckle him in his carrier. So I get the costume in ANOTHER bag to carry out the door only to get all the way to church and realize that I forgot it at home. UGH. So we only had one part of our cowboy/indian duo but Nolan was so cute was able to stand alone. We still had a great time after all. Maybe these forced family episodes aren't so bad after all.



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails