Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Concerts in the Garden

When it comes to Texas summer, usually it involves two things...

1. swimming
2. you're in the air conditioning

If you've been reading the blog, you'll know that it was pretty much hell on earth here last summer while I was pregnant, but surprisingly this summer has been pretty mild compared to last year. When I'm pregnant I pretty much sweat just checking the mail so that probably had a lot to do with it.

One of my favorite family summer activities is Concerts in the Garden. We pack a picnic and listen to music and play games and watch fireworks. Our favorite one to go to is a Beatles cover band. 


It's always safe packing some bubbles for entertainment. Although, I'd say that the boys were quite entertaining blowing bubbles with the faces they made.


Landry stayed at home with my niece. Poor things is asleep by 7:30 most nights so staying up until 10:00 would have just been no fun for ANY of us.


The boys on the other hand loved every minute of it. And drumroll please....for the first time ever, there were NO tears when it was time for fireworks! WOOHOO! I call that a milestone!


It was one of those "yeah this is the life" moments for me having an All-American picnic while listening to the Beatles (is that possible?).

I love that moments of laughter where there's just happiness and no fussing and fighting. When my kids are 6, 4 and 10 months, those moments are few and far between.


Can you tell that even I was a little laid back about it?! The photo is courtesy of Campbell.


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails