Sunday, March 6, 2011

Soccer mom

Here we go again. Here I find myself watching a sport that I absolutely despise watching but it's my kid who's begging to play it again and again. So that makes me the biggest soccer fan sitting in the freezing cold shivering and shuttling him to practice and squeezing in games in between grocery stores, laundry and the million other things I need to accomplish on my weekend.


To my surprise Nolan scored his first goal of the season at the first game of the season! Usually we have to wait until the last game of the season before we see that kind of action. 


To see how happy it makes him and the confidence that beams from him makes every shivering-I-have-so-many-other-things-I-need-to-be-doing moment worth it.


And the sideline entertainment ain't too shabby either.

Photobucket

Score has never been kept in any of his games, but Nolan's definitely learned math, that's for sure. He was confident to report that his team won. And in case I was wondering he's scored six goals in his lifetime. Good to know my 5 year old is already keeping his own stats.

Photobucket

So until I convince this guy that basketball is really where it's at, I'll be a soccer mom for yet another season.


1 comment:

  1. Your kiddos are so adorable! Good luck staying bundled up for the future games :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails