Tuesday, July 16, 2013

It's SuperCam!

Superheroes seem to be a reoccurring theme in our house. The kids were superheroes for Halloween last year and the boys wear capes weekly, if not daily.


So it was a no-brainer that Cam would want a superhero party this year. In years past, I've had a cookie monster party at our house...


Last year we had a Kentucky Derby party at church.


They took a lot of work but they were well worth it. Don't even get me started on how long those sock horses took me. I normally have it at home or church because I'm so dang cheap but this year with working two jobs, the thought of planning a party on top of all that just about did me in.

This year, I was a total slacker and just had it at a Trampoline park. I literally showed up with a cake and two table decorations and plates.


But Campbell's cake was crazy cute. I could've just had a party all by myself diving into that thing. A teacher friend made it and it was ridiculously good.


Campbell has talked about this birthday for weeks now. He loved having his friends there to share it with.


And his hair was dripping with sweat by the time we left the party.


Little Bit jumped til her pig tails fell out.


The kids Justin loved every second.
 
Ok, so maybe we all had fun. 


I can't believe that my Campbelloni is 5 years old now. Cam gets really shy when everyone sings him Happy Birthday. He loves attention but on his own terms.


So the moral of the story is that my kid couldn't care less where he has his party. He smiles ear to ear just the same. He loves it when we have it at the house, church, or trampoline park. All he cares about is that we're doing something to recognize his birthday and celebrate him.


Sometimes, we have to give ourselves a little slack as parents. I read a quote recently that said, "Behind every great kid is a mom who's pretty sure she's screwing it up." Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails