Monday, September 20, 2010

These are the days

It's a very rare occasion to be able to go outside and say the words, "Wow, what a beautiful day," here in Texas. But Labor Day weekend was finally full of several of those days. It was so great, in fact, that we went to play at the park four out of five days which might be more times than we went all summer. So if God's gives me this many days with my family that are this beautiful, you better believe that I'll be cramming it in til I can't go no more!

Isn't it amazing how much weather affects our moods? How rain can send you into a funk or into a feeling of having a fresh start? How snow can warm your soul and craving a bowl of soup? Well, heat just makes me crabby. It's bad, real bad. Since school started we've had no air conditioning at school FOUR days. Those poor kids have no hope. I have mood swings that could knock out a heavy weight.

But a perfectly sunny day with a breeze sends me into my rainbows and sunshine mood. And Labor Day weekend definitely had me in one of those moods.


Seeing my boys just run carefree while I just sit back on a blanket ranks in my Top 10 things to do with my children.

And if I could, I would have a picnic every day of my life.


Especially when I've got smiles like these coming at me so fast I can't catch them fast enough.

Photobucket

Even more so when I've got both my boys thinking their dad is the funnest, coolest dad in he world. Because, let's face it, he is.



Gosh, I love this picture. I think it might just be framed.


When life gets insane and I dream of good days, these are the days that I dream about.


In my dream land, we'd have picnics everyday and ride bikes or tricycles.


He can't quite reach as much as he's trying to grow up too fast. It gently reminds me that even though I feel like life is flying, I can calm down because he's still my baby.

Photobucket


We sucked the bejesus out of that weekend and we were passed out come Monday night. But I wouldn't have it any other way.

Photobucket
Did I mention these days make me giddy?

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails