Tuesday, May 1, 2012

My bluebonnet babies

It's that time of year again. Bluebonnets. It's not spring in Texas without them. Some years they have been more like mild flowers rather than wild flowers.


But Texas didn't disappoint this year.



I've learned my lesson over the years. Driving to look for bluebonnets having no idea where they are is a very very terrible idea. Don't do it. I had to learn the hard way.
 

 So over the years we've fine tuned our search and Facebook does an awesome job of finding where they are without having to do all the work of looking for them.


My friend Ashley told me about this great patch. I'm always leary of stopping on the side of a busy highway, but this patch that she told me about was well off the road and just a country road.

And it was our first year with sweet baby girl, so I really had to make sure that we did pictures this year even if it turned out to be disastrous.


Now that the kids are older and entertain themselves easier, bluebonnets pictures aren't near the beatdown that they used to be. They were actually fun this year!


Justin has come up with our million dollar idea. A bluebonnet blanket needs to be invented. These suckers are so itchy and the blankets sometimes make a sore sight in photos so we thought it would be a great idea to have one that blends in with the flowers. Of course, we might be the only people crazy enough to purchase one because other people don't really care about bluebonnet pictures that much.


When it come to seasons, fall is my first love but I could easily cheat on fall with spring. The breeze and 60-70 degree patio weather. There's nothing that beats it. And the smell of bluebonnets? There's nothing better. I decided there should be a bluebonnet candle scent. They smell so good.


 The flowers just blanketed the side of the road. Ok, so maybe Texas doesn't have the most gorgeous landscape but don't be talking bad about my bluebonnets...those are fighting words.


The kids acted like seasoned models this particular day, thank goodness. You just never know what day you're going to get with them but I think the constant snapping of photos is just like white noise to them by now.


I got these ties off of Very Jane. It's a groupon concept but with boutique style stuff. In another words, it's a money pit for me. It has the cutest stuff and it's all so reasonable.



There was some pouting. It's not a forced family fun event if pouting doesn't make an appearance.


But in the end we end we kiss and make up.


A trip down memory lane...

 2007

2009

 2010

2011

2012

Thank you Texas for making me proud this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails