Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Rice Rice Baby...

Every year the Kindergarten teachers at my school do rice babies. They fill up a sock with rice to weigh as much as the child did at birth. I've been looking forward to this since last year when I knew Nolan would be joining me at my school.

Unfortunately, the night before rice babies, I got several late night calls about my sister's condition getting dramatically worse. I had to miss it in order to be with her, but I'm grateful for those last precious moments with her. Thankfully, my husband dropped everything so he could be part of this special day for Nolan. 


It was a wild day Justin said but Nolan loved every minute of it. He had a lot of scooping to do because he was my biggest baby of all at 8 lbs. 4 oz. We will not discuss the weight gain during that pregnancy.

Lots of copy paper box lids bassinets were carefully wrapped for each of his rice babies. Later, the babies were swaddled and given the same hair color and eyes that the kids have to match them.

Here is Nolan's artistic rendition of his rice baby. 

I love walking by his room everyday to see his artwork on display...another perk of being a mom/teacher at the same school as him. 

This paper was my favorite. In case you can't read it, it says, 
"When I was a baby, I drooled. 
Now I can read. 
When I grow up I'm still staying with my Mommy. Good stuff" (I love how he always gives me a Patty Duke hair do')


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails